Registration is now open for this year’s New Mexico Appellate Practice Institute, the annual all-day CLE program sponsored by the Appellate Practice Section. The seminar will take place on Friday, September 15, at the State Bar Center in Albuquerque.
Until August 15, you can register (at this link) for the early-bird rate of $239. After that, the price goes up. I’m not sure how high … but do you really want to find out?
As usual, this year’s program is excellent:
- Our keynote speaker is Judge James Graves of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Judge Miles Hanisee, Senator Jacob Candelaria, and former UNM law school dean Leo Romero will discuss New Mexico’s process for appointing judges.
- Judges Julie Vargas and Hank Bohnhoff will talk about the transition from private practice to appellate judge.
- A distinguished panel will show you how to make use of extraordinary writs in your practice.
- As usual, we will have updates on recent appellate developments in caselaw, and hear from the clerks of our Court of Appeals and Supreme Court.
- And finally, legendary appellate mediator Robert Rambo will talk about ethical issues on appeal.
I hope to see you there!