On Friday, October 28, the New Mexico Bench and Bar Conference will take place at the Supreme Court in Santa Fe.
If you want to learn more about appellate practice in New Mexico, or ask questions of our appellate judges, you won’t want to miss this. You’ll get CLE credit for attending, and the cost is only $99. Registration is limited to the first 65 people, so make sure and register here.
Sessions will include:
- Remarks to the Bar by Chief Justice Charles Daniels and Chief Judge Michael Vigil.
- “Advocacy: What works and what doesn’t in briefs and oral argument” with Justice Edward Chavez, Judge Michael Bustamante, and Judge Miles Hanisee, and the moderator, Santa Fe appellate lawyer Jane Yohalem.
- “Navigating the Court of Appeals’ docketing and calendaring process” with Judge Bustamante, Mark Reynolds (Clerk of the Court of Appeals), and Paul Fyfe (Chief Staff Attorney, Court of Appeals). The moderator will beAlbuquerque appellate lawyer Jocelyn Drennan.
- “Criminal appeals” with Chief Justice Daniels, Judge Jonathan Sutin, Anne Kelly (New Mexico Attorney General’s Office), and David Henderson (New Mexico Public Defender’s Office).
- “Keys to obtaining (or resisting) discretionary review” with Chief Justice Daniels, Justice Barbara Vigil, Chief Judge Michael Vigil, and Paul Fyfe. This discussion will be moderated by Albuquerque appellate lawyer Kerry Kiernan.
I hope to see you there!